March 9, 2017
Upstream Solutions Inc. is currently seeing qualified candidates for the position of Change and Technical Interface Engineer.
DIRECTION EXERCISED AND AUTHORITY:
The position will be responsible for making day-to-day decisions in an effort to facilitate the efficient and effective management of change and technical interfaces.
The position is not expected to have any direct reports.
DIRECTION RECEIVED AND REPORTING RELATIONSHIP:
Reporting to the Project Controls Lead — Overland Transmission, once oriented, the individual should be capable of performing day to day functions with limited supervision and direction. The change and interface management functional expertise within the Project Controls group will provide the incumbent with the guidance regarding work processes and the tools required to fulfill the role. Incumbent is expected to demonstrate a high degree of personal initiative in carrying out his/her duties and responsibilities.
PURPOSE AND SUMMARY OF SCOPE:
- Working within the Integrated Project Delivery Team, the incumbent will be responsible for assisting the Overland Transmission project delivery team with:
- Proactive change management stewardship consistent with the Project Change Management Procedure;
- Assist the Project Technical Interface Lead with the coordination of technical interfaces both originating from within and requested of the Overland Transmission project delivery team.
- Successful execution of this role will require extensive liaison and day-to-day interaction within the Project Team and with external parties.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Project Controls Lead - OTL with the implementation and administration of the Project Change Management Procedure within the Team. Achievement of this will require the establishment and maintenance of good working relationships within the Team in order to proactively identify and mitigate potential change.
- Responsible for supporting and providing guidance in the proactive and early detection of potential Project Change through Deviation Alert Notices (DANs) in order to ensure timely awareness, resolution, and mitigation of potential
- impacts on the Project.
- Assist the Area Managers with the review and assessment of DANs, including all necessary communication, action assignment and tracking.
- Maintain the change management log for Overland Transmission project delivery team utilizing the LCP Tracker software.
- Responsible for guidance and direction on the compilation of supporting documentation for all DANs and PCNs.
- Responsible for working with other members of the Project Controls Team to ensure that Project Baseline impacts of approved Project Changes are accurately reflected in cost and schedule forecasts.
- Assist the Project Controls Lead - OTL with coordination of Change Management activities, including scheduling and attending meetings, documenting outcomes and actions.
- Collaborate with Cost Engineer to ensure alignment between change management activities and cost control.
- Assist Package Leaders and Area Managers in obtaining the necessary functional input from quality, project controls, engineering, construction, HSE, etc. in order to prepare a Decision Support Package to recommend a Project Change
- to the Change Control Board.
- Assist the Package Leaders and Area Managers in the generation of Project Change Notices (PCNs) within LCP Tracker to facilitate the approval of proposed Project Changes.
- Providing guidance and stewardship on the completion of all actions from approved Project Changes through to closure; providing regular updates as required.
- Provide support in the maintenance of all active Commitment Package Dictionaries; assist in the preparation of Modification Notices to Commitment Package (MNCP) as required.
- Assist the Project Technical Interface Lead with the implementation and administration of the Project Technical Interface Management Procedure within the Overland Transmission project delivery team.
- Responsible for the implementation and administration of the procedure, including compliance with it by the Team.
- Assist Area Managers in facilitating the timely resolution of technical interface issues.
- Ensure visibility / awareness of technical interfaces and associated actions.
- Responsible for updating the Technical Interface Tracking Register for technical interface status.
- Responsible for reporting and coordinating technical interface information within the Team.
Bachelor of Engineering degree or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in multi-discipline project.
- Relevant understanding of project controls and contract administration.
- Familiar with the use of database / register type management tools on projects.
Demonstrated commitment and leadership to safety, health and environmental issues.
Self-starter who is highly motivated and has desire to excel within their professional career.
Aptitude and desire to learn.
Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Well organized with high attention to detail.
Ability to work independently and within deadlines.
Good working knowledge of MS Excel and MS Powerpoint.
JOB REQUIREMENTS, WORKING CONDITIONS, ETC.:
- Safety oriented.
- Be an active member in a highly dynamic team environment that has tight deadlines, high pressure and visibility, requiring accuracy, initiative and ability to multi-task
- Possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and communicate with team members.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to plan work well, and to be well-organized.
- Demonstrate a willingness to adhere to Nalcor's vision and values.
- Solution oriented.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative and supportive manner with stakeholders.
Residents of Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration for this role.
Qualified candidates can apply for this role by either clicking on the Apply Now button below or forwarding their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job title in the subject field.