USI is recruiting qualified candidates for the role of Electro-Mechanical Inspector based at Muskrat Falls for the Lower Churchill Project.
DIRECTION EXERCISED AND AUTHORITY:
This position has no direct reports; however the incumbent is responsible for QA/QC oversight, monitoring, surveillance and inspection of all construction activities.
DIRECTION RECEIVED AND REPORTING RELATIONSHIP:
Reporting functionally to the Quality Lead, HVdc Specialities for direction and guidance and reporting operationally for daily activities to the Area Construction Manager. The incumbent should be capable of functioning with a limited level of supervision.
PURPOSE AND SUMMARY OF SCOPE:
The incumbent will work closely with the Area Construction Management Team to:
• Implement and participate in QA/QC oversight, monitoring, surveillance and inspection programs for HVdc Specialities component of the Lower Churchill Project for construction and installation activities of contractors and suppliers at site;
Ensure contractors and suppliers' QA/QC programs are implemented and effective;
• Verify and assure satisfactory quality performance of the work by contractors and supplier's at site.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following is being executed as a contract scope of work.
Technical Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, Red Seal Millwright or a related discipline, supplemented by experience in construction QA/QC oversight, monitoring, surveillance and inspection activities for large projects, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
• Minimum 10 years of field experience in performing QA/QC oversight, monitoring, surveillance and inspection activities on large construction projects;
• Experience with implementing quality programs for large capital projects, with a good exposure to construction works;
• Experience working with international contractors on large projects;
• Experience with the construction of mechanical and\or rotating equipment a definite asset;
• Experience in execution of inspection and test plans;
• Previous experience with auditing construction QA programs; • Experience working in a team environment;
• Working knowledge of incident investigation /root cause analysis.
JOB REQUIREMENTS, WORKING CONDITIONS, ETC.:
• Safety oriented.
• Demonstrated willingness to adhere to the Nalcor's vision and core values.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and communicate with other team members.
• Must possess project management skills combined with sound judgment and decision making skills
• Proven interpersonal, communications, leadership and team skills.
• Must be self-motivated with demonstrated sound judgment and decision making skills.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Ability to plan work well, and to be well-organized.
• Demonstrate a willingness to adhere to Nalcor Energy's vision and values.
• Strong knowledge of Quality Management principles and ISO 9001 standard;
• Demonstrated commitment to Quality Assurance issues;
Qualified candidates can apply for this role by either clicking on the Apply Now button below or forwarding their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job title in the subject field.
We are currently seeking skilled professionals in the following areas:
We are always accepting resumes for the following common job openings READ MORE
USI is a strong supporter of having a diverse workforce and encourages all qualified candidates to submit their resume for our job opportunities.