Muskrat Falls, NL
August 7, 2020
The duties and job functions of the HSSER Advisor shall include, but are not limited to the following:
- Routinely monitor the implementation and maintenance of the management system with respect to field level compliance at the worksite.
- Provide HSSER oversight of Civil, Mechanical and Electrical systems installation and Commissioning activities.
- Support the implementation and monitoring of programs encompassing Permit to Work and Safe Work Practice systems /processes, training programs as the project moves into commissioning and start-up phases. Work with contractors to implement such programs.
- Support SIMOPS program.
- Provide HSSER support and guidance to field personnel.
- Periodically monitor the functionality and overall quality of the site Emergency Response function is at all site levels, including the periodic observation and monitoring of site drills to evaluate Emergency Management Capability and document actions in an actual response. Manage close-out of resulting actions.
- Assist in the compliance assessment and completion of Federal and Provincial OHS orders, issuances and variance applications, as warranted/required.
- Provide input into contractor's construction safety execution plans, health and safety management systems, emergency response plans and safe work practices.
- Provide HSSER reports per project standards.
- Assist with the conduct of a formal incident investigation /root cause analysis, as required. Review incident investigation reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Ensure any and all Lessons Learned are captured and reflected in ongoing work as appropriate.
- Conduct periodic audits of work activities at site to ensure overall compliance with the management system (policies, standards, safe work practices and safe work procedures), and prepare and issue formal audit reports.
- Identify hold points and ensure process compliance for critical activities such as Lock Out Tag Out, Critical Lift, Confined Space and Working at Heights.
- Regular interface with Contractors and Senior Management on HSS&ER matters specifically related to electrical and mechanical installations, permit to work and commissioning activities.
Qualified candidates can apply for this role by either clicking on the Apply Now button below or forwarding their resume to email@example.com, quoting the job title in the subject field.