March 16, 2017
Upstream Solutions Inc. (USI) is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Information Management Analyst.
DIRECTION EXERCISED AND AUTHORITY:
This position interacts daily with all levels of management, staff and external submitters of Documents and Administrative Records (external &internal) through the provision of registration, distributing, tracking, system input, and hard copy filing.
DIRECTION RECEIVED AND REPORTING RELATIONSHIP:
Reporting to Project Controls Lead - MFG. As a member of the Nalcor Energy- Lower Churchill Project Information Management team, this position is accountable for providing the day to day processing of all Documents and Administrative Records.
PURPOSE AND SUMMARY OF SCOPE:
- Responsible to provide Information Management functions for the handling of Documents and Administrative Records- internal and external for the Nalcor Energy- Lower Churchill Project (NE-LCP) with a view of providing a dedicated focus on fulfilling the project's commitment to "providing an environment where people can work safely and collaboratively with a confidence that information, and the systems that manage it, are accessible, accurate, reliable, and timely throughout the full life cycle of the asset.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following is being executed as a contract scope of work.
The following is being executed as a contract scope of work:
- Implement the Information Management (IM) plan, procedures and work instructions. Provide input when requested.
- Maintain the structural framework for content organization (revision controlled documents and administrative records) within the Electronic Document Management System (EDMS).
- Provide feedback on the use of EDMS tools, folder creation within EDMS, perform regular quality checks in EDMS as directed, and provide assistance where required on available reports in EDMS.
- Receive and also provide training to other LCP requested in use of Information Management plans, requirements, procedures, work instructions, and the use of EDMS. Will require the use of training material for reference.
- Perform and coordinate the process activities associated with the day to day processing and managing of documents and administrative records (copy, distribute, numbering, coding, filling requests, registration, tracking, system inputs, hard copy filing, etc).
- Interfacing with internal /external submitters of documentation and requesting any third party resources required to perform IM functions.
- Maintain and implement the LCP File Code Index coding standard.
- Check quality of documentation and electronic documents.
- Other IM related duties as required.
A college diploma in a related subject area is highly desirable for this position, including specialized course work in Records and Information Management (RIM) practices or equivalent experience. This will be complemented through continuous education courses on IRM, and interpersonal development.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
- This position requires three 3-5 years' experience in a project setting working with technical documents administrative records.
- 3-5 years' experience with computerized document control systems.
JOB REQUIREMENTS, WORKING CONDITIONS, ETC.:
- Safety oriented.
- Ability to work 14/7 shift rotation.
- Demonstrated willingness to adhere to the Nalcor's vision and core values.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and communicate with other team members.
- Ability to work under pressure in an environment which expects the highest levels of customer services, confidentiality and ethical behaviour.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting.
- Willingness to travel to project site locations in Newfoundland and Labrador for short durations.
Qualified candidates can apply for this role by either clicking on the Apply Now button below or forwarding their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job title in the subject field.