February 20, 2017
Upstream Solutions Inc. is currently seeking candidates for the position of Intermediate Electrical Engineer located in St. John's.
DIRECTION EXERCISED AND AUTHORITY:
- The position will provide AC Power engineering support to the Lead AC Power Engineer.
- The incumbent will be required to work collaboratively with all other members of the Team including CD0501 Area Manager, Package Lead, Contract Administrator, and other technical personnel.
- The position is not expected to have any direct reports.
DIRECTION RECEIVED AND REPORTING RELATIONSHIP:
- Reports directly to the Converter Stations and Transition Compounds AC Power Electrical Engineer.
- Incumbent is expected to demonstrate a high degree of personal initiative in carrying out his/her duties and responsibilities.
PURPOSE AND SUMMARY OF SCOPE:
- Working within the Project Delivery Team, and with overall accountability residing with the Converters and Transition Compounds Area Manager, the Intermediate AC Electrical Engineer—HVdc Specialties is responsible to work in support of the Converters and Transition Compounds Team to ensure the overall delivery, including scope, cost and schedule management, of the EPC contractors' Engineering deliverables.
- The Intermediate AC Electrical Engineer — HVdc Specialties will provide technical support throughout all phases of the work. The incumbent will be a key member of the Project Delivery Team and will interface extensively with various members of the Project Delivery Team and the Contractor.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible to work with HVdc package lead and package engineer in a fast track and multi-discipline technical team
- Work as owner engineer to review and comment on Contractor’s documents as per package Contract, interface agreement and Company specifications. The Contractor’s documents include SLD, study report, HV (12kV ~ 315kV) and LV equipment general arrangement, equipment specification, schematic diagram, cable raceway, equipment test procedure and report, etc
- Calculate bill of material to support commercial negotiation
- Prepare response to Contractor site query and concession request
- Provide leadership, guidance and instruction to Contractor
- Willing to travel to attend engineering coordination meeting, equipment FAT (Factory Acceptance Test) and site commissioning
- P. Eng. member, Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Newfoundland
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering
- Minimum 5 years related experience (completion of master's degree in related field may be substituted for one year of experience)
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
- Experience in HVdc substation electrical engineering, good knowledge of harmonics and short circuit study is a plus
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- This position requires an experienced and competent individual capable of successfully solving difficult problems that require adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria. Must be capable of devising new approaches to problems encountered.
JOB REQUIREMENTS, WORKING CONDITIONS, ETC.:
- Must possess proven project management skills combined with sound judgment and decision making skills
- Must be able to work effectively as a key member of the Project Delivery Team within a multi-functional team environment (matrix style organization structure).
- Proven interpersonal, communications, leadership and team skills.
- Must be self-motivated with demonstrated sound judgment and decision making skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to plan work well, and to be well-organized.
- Demonstrate a willingness to adhere to Nalcor Energy's vision and values.
- Solution oriented and demonstrated creative thinking.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative/supportive manner with stakeholders.
Qualified candidates can apply for this role by either clicking on the Apply Now button below or forwarding their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job title in the subject field.