Along the Transmission Lines
March 9, 2017
Upstream Solutions Inc. is currently seeking qualified candidates for the positions of Junior Quality Advisor located along the transmission lines.
DIRECTION EXERCISED AND AUTHORITY:
This position has no direct reports; the incumbent will work closely with the LCP — Quality department supporting different functions.
DIRECTION RECEIVED AND REPORTING RELATIONSHIP:
Reporting to the Quality Manager —Transmission Lines, direction and guidance will be provided, however the incumbent should be capable of functioning with a limited level of supervision.
PURPOSE AND SUMMARY OF SCOPE:
- The incumbent will work closely with the Quality Assurance Team to: Implement and participate in Quality oversight, monitoring, surveillance and inspection programs for Transmission Lines of the Lower Churchill Project for construction and installation activities; ensure Contractors and Suppliers' Quality programs are implemented and effective; and to verify and assure satisfactory quality performance of the work by Contractors and Supplier's at site through their inspection and test plans.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following is being executed as a contract scope of work:
- Implement all applicable Quality oversight, monitoring, surveillance and inspection plans, procedures and checklists for inspecting and reporting of the work activities;
- Perform routine Quality oversight, monitoring, surveillance and inspection of the work which includes: Overhead Transmission to ensure contractors' and suppliers' quality programs are fully implemented and effective through review and acceptance of contractors' quality documentation (including inspection and test plans, procedures, quality records, final documentation, etc.);
- Ensure full compliance with the regulatory requirements, technical specifications, drawings and any special supplier installation procedures as defined in contractors and suppliers' inspection and test plans;
- Implement the quality audit and surveillance plan and issue reports such as corrective actions, non-conformance's, and observations;
- Review documentation received from contractor (material specification, method statements, Inspection and Test Plans, drawings, test results, other technical documentation, etc.) for implementation and compliance;
- Ensure turnover documentation is complete;
- Work with contractors and suppliers to ensure all audit findings, NCR, etc. are closed;
- Broad oversight of safety and environment;
- Support Quality Analysis Team on contractor's documentation through spreadsheets, metrics, graphs, etc.
- Assist the Quality Manager in regards to creating statistical trends/data in the area of construction management.
- Assist in the creation of procedures, processes, forms as necessary.
- Update current procedures on a monthly basis.
- Assist in QC presentation to upper management and QC team, slides, graphs, etc.
- Assist with LCP Document Control in regards to transmission database.
- Completion of a Civil Engineering Technology program is preferred.
- Minimum post-secondary graduation from a recognized technical program or a related discipline, supplemented by experience in construction Quality oversight, monitoring, surveillance and inspection activities for large civil projects or transmission line.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
- Experience working with contractors on large civil projects;
- Experience working in a team environment;
- Working knowledge of incident investigation / root cause analysis;
- Good knowledge of civil engineering principles and electrical engineering procedures or construction management, standards and regulations relating to construction, inspection and safety standards;
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills required to effectively interact with a variety of industry personnel;
- Must be a team player but maintain the ability to work independently; and
- Safety and environmentally oriented.
JOB REQUIREMENTS, WORKING CONDITIONS, ETC.:
- Basic knowledge of Quality Management principles and ISO 9001 standard is preferred;
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Incumbent must be willing to work from remote work sites as required by the Site Quality Coordinator;
- Must possess a valid driver's license and be eligible to drive in Newfoundland, Labrador and Canada;
- Travel by airplane, helicopter, snowmobile, or boat may be required; and
- Incumbent may be required to operate an all-terrain vehicle, snowmobile or class 5 vehicles.
Qualified candidates can apply for this role by either clicking on the Apply Now button below or forwarding their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job title in the subject field.