March 24, 2020
- Undertake procurement and purchasing tasks on behalf of Drilling & Wells, and interface with base, procurement department, and suppliers
- Ensures the safe and effective delivery of all onshore logistics support services and materials required to sustain offshore operations.
- Ensures that all materials and personnel are tracked in Company’s designated logistics tool, WELS Operator, to and from the rig.
- Call offs from the Canada Frame Agreements/Contracts
- Plan and coordinate the logistical process of equipment, including return of equipment, for drilling and well to assure cost effective, secure and efficient drilling operation
- Participate in necessary Drilling and Well meetings (morning meetings / planning meetings)
- Responsible for coordinating and follow up materials, equipment and personnel to arrive at the shore base or heliport just in time for scheduled transport offshore
- Coordination and booking of service company personnel, as required, through given helicopter booking system (Dawinci)
- Coordinate with the rig on any transport requirements for company personnel making crew change on the rig
- Coordinate and issue cargo numbers for helicopter transports
- Manage and be a single point of contact for logistics plan between drilling and well projects and logistics operations and the helicopter base
- Issue priorities and contract extra boat or helicopter transport as required
- Coordinate with suppliers on scheduling of trucking companies as required and any staging on deliveries to shore base work with the shore base, heliport, service companies and rig to prioritize vessel load outs and timing required at the rig helping optimize use of vessels for outbound and inbound shipments
- Apply and assure compliance with the Client and Authority requirements within area of responsibility
- Plan material and secure in time delivery to the offshore field locations. Follow up orders and deliverables.
- Expedite and follow-up proper administration of SAP Purchase Orders
- Establish and maintain necessary knowledge about suppliers and ensure regular and valuable communication with suppliers
- Suggest and participate in improvements / development of guidelines, systems and methods used within area of responsibility
- Develop and maintain good relationships towards both internal customers and contractors/vendors
- Identify and register savings (cost savings)
- Participate on the 24/7 duty team if necessary
- Support the local office emergency response initiatives by providing emergency response coverage on an on call basis, as required.
- 8+ years experience from oil and gas offshore procurement/logistics operations within the Drilling & well area
- Proficient SAP skills
- Ability to manage and handle many parallel operational activities
- Experience from change management and process development, excellent problem solver
- Previous use of PTS and/or Dawinci personnel booking system considered an asset.
- Previous use of WELS Operator Logistics Tool considered an asset.
- Ability to live by our safety and security expectations
- Energetic and enthusiastic contributor to a team environment
- Well rounded business acumen with high standards, business ethics principles
- Demonstrated analytical abilities, takes initiative, is highly detail oriented and has strong follow up skills
- Strong writing and organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English
- Strong knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office suite of programs (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Qualified candidates can apply for this role by either clicking on the Apply Now button below or forwarding their resume to email@example.com, quoting the job title in the subject field.