Muskrat Falls, NL
August 7, 2020
The Mechanical Isolation Authority, under the direction of the Isolation Coordinator, have responsibility for the execution of mechanical isolation activities at the Powerhouse, Spillway and Dam Structures including the Tailrace and Intake required for the effective isolation of machines, equipment and processes. The responsibilities are as follows:
- Ensure implementation of, and full compliance with the requirements of LCP's Permit to Work (PTW) and LOTO Programs.
- To provide support and consultations with team members regarding Contractor requests to suspend, change, extend or cancel an existing permit that involves Isolations.
- Maintain control of all documentation associated with all isolations.
- Ensure adequate communication with the Contractor Area Authority (AA) regarding the PTW scope & the isolation plan.
- Review and approve contractor Permit applications that involve/require isolations including all supporting documentation for isolation plans when submitted as part of a Permit to Work application. This is a duplicate and shared responsibility with the Isolation Coordinator.
- Development of the Isolation Certificate to record the isolation plan as submitted with the contractor's PTW application or Liven Up Notice (LUN) boundary. This is a duplicate and shared responsibility with the Isolation Coordinator.
- Ensure approval by the Contractor AA of the Isolation plan and endorsement of the isolation points on the Isolation Certificate prior to installation/removal of the equipment locks.
- Monitor open Permits periodically to confirm that the Permit Receiver is operating within the permitted work scope
- Review Contractor requests to suspend, change, extend or cancel an existing permit that involve isolations.
- Assist Isolation Coordinator in reviewing Contractor's Liven up Notice (LUN) request and ensure isolation plans (if required) are adequate and effective and that the isolation is executed prior to the Isolation Coordinator's approval to energize.
- Apply and verify isolations as per the completed Isolation Certificates as required. (All isolations must be verified separately and independently from the individual who applied the isolations).
- Conduct field audits of isolations to ensure compliance with this Program and the completed Isolation Certificate as directed by the Isolation Coordinator.
- Maintain records of isolations
- College graduation with a Technology diploma in an Engineering related discipline, or appropriate mechanical trade certification with field experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Relevant Work Experience and Required Competencies
- Minimum 5 to 7 years' experience in related field
- Experience working in energized installations.
- Familiarization with Permit-to-Work and LOTO systems for energized installations.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Regulatory Requirements, Construction Industry Best Practices and Industry standard best practices for commissioning, maintenance and operation of Powerhouse, Spillway, Intake and Tailrace related equipment considered an asset.
- 14/14 rotation
- 5 month duration
- Night Shift coverage
Qualified candidates can apply for this role by either clicking on the Apply Now button below or forwarding their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job title in the subject field.