July 25, 2017
Upstream Solutions Inc. is seeking qualified candidates for the role of Package Engineer - Mechanical. Working within the Client's Project Delivery Team, the Package Engineer is responsible to work in support to ensure overall delivery, including scope, cost and schedule management, of the Muskrat Falls Mechanical scopes. This primary location will be the St. John's office but the role will necessitate time being required at the Muskrat Falls site in support of the Construction Management Team.
Principal Activities, Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and job functions of the Package Engineer— Mechanical shall include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible to support overall delivery of allocated packages) in accordance with the approved budget;
- Work closely with Project Services/Planners, Engineering Manager(s), Company's Technical and Design Integrity group, Construction & Completions Managers, Quality Assurance, and other functional expertise during the design, procurement and construction phases of the Project;
- Work with Contract Administrator to ensure obligations of both Company and Contractor are adhered to;
- Work with Project Controls to ensure effective cost and schedule control for packages(s);
- Oversee Supplier/Contractor preparation of Design Documentation; in addition perform review and coordinate comment response sheets;
- Establish Deliverable Distribution Matrix based on Supplier Document Registers;
- Monitor project deliverables and milestones and ensure compliance with project schedule;
- Ensure all package interfaces are clearly identified and scheduled with responsibility allocated; liaise with LCP and Contractor Interface coordinators to ensure interfaces are progressed in a timely manner;
- Highlight and monitor critical items in cooperation with other team members;
- Organize and lead meetings related to delivery of package(s), working to resolve issues that could impact overall delivery;
- Interface with Project Completions and Handover representatives) to ensure constructability and operability design requirements are stewarded.
- Work with the contractor to ensure that the installed facilities;
- Meet all Design, Safety, Quality, Schedule, Construction and Regulatory Requirements
- Meet Project goals for Safety, Operability, Reliability and Environmental Performance;
- Assist with Implementing an Engineering and Completions Surveillance Plan. Work with Quality group to assign appropriate Critically level;
- Support development of a Project Documentation Turnover Plan with Suppliers/ Contractors;
- Support all internal reporting requirements including input into PMT Weekly and Monthly Reports; and
- Provide site specific inspection reports during surveillance activities at vendor fabrication facilities/ sites etc.
- Graduation from a recognized university with a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
Relevant Work Experience and Required Competencies:
- 3 - 7 years successful experience, in technical as well as project management and construction roles;
- Prior experience interfacing with and managing delivery of large scopes in a large project execution environment;
- Background in mechanical systems/ engineering;
- Strong understanding of project management processes and management systems; and
- Strong background in resolution of technical/ management issues during projects execution phase.
Job Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Safety oriented;
- Demonstrated willingness to adhere to the Client's vision and core values;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and communicate with other team members;
- Must possess proven project management skills combined with sound judgement and decision making skills;
- Proven interpersonal, communications, leadership and team skills;
- Must be self-motivated with demonstrated sound judgment and decision making skills;
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Ability to plan work well, and to be well-organized;
- Solution oriented and demonstrated creative thinking;
- Must be able to work in a collaborative/supportive manner with stakeholders; and
- The incumbent will work primarily in an office environment; however, travel to both vendors/contractors and construction sites will be required. The incumbent may be required to work from time to time in a construction or industrial environment and may be exposed to environments that are potentially hazardous.
Residents of Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration for this role.
Qualified candidates can apply for this role by either clicking on the Apply Now button below or forwarding their resume to email@example.com, quoting the job title in the subject field.