Muskrat Falls, NL
August 7, 2020
The Permit Issuer has responsibility for reviewing and issuing Permits under the Permit to Work Procedure during the construction, commissioning, maintenance and operation stages of the main generation Powerhouse, Spillway, Intake and Tailrace at the construction site. The incumbent will also be responsible for assessments to verify that contractors issued work Permits are operating within the permitted area and work scope, and as per the processed outlined in the approved Permit Application.
Assist the PTW/PH Area Authority in carrying out his/her duties;
- Review Permits to Work with the Permit Receiver;
- Review Permit applications for completeness and accuracy;
- Confirm that Permits include all required supporting documents;
- Issue Work Permits to the Contractor;
- Provide assessments of approved Permits to confirm that Permit Receivers are operating within their permitted area and work scope;
- Review Validation and Transfer Certificates for compliance with PTW Procedures;
- Consult with Isolation Authority and PTW/PH Area Authority as required to resolve technical issues that may arise;
- Perform Permit Office data entry requirements;
- Provide a communications link between the Permit Office and Contractor field personnel.
- Maintain records of permits.
- Appropriate mechanical, electrical trade certification, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years' experience in related field
- Experience working in energized installations.
- Familiarization with Permit-to-Work systems for energized installations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, and in maintaining systems and databases utilized for tracking purposes
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Regulatory Requirements, Construction Industry Best Practices, CSA-Z462 workplace electrical safety and Industry standard best practices for commissioning, maintenance and operation of Powerhouse, Spillway, Intake and Tailrace related equipment considered an asset.
- 14/14 rotation
- 5 month duration
- Night Shift coverage
Qualified candidates can apply for this role by either clicking on the Apply Now button below or forwarding their resume to email@example.com, quoting the job title in the subject field.