March 2, 2017
Upstream Solutions Inc. is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Planner located in St. John's.
DIRECTION EXERCISED AND AUTHORITY:
- Under the authority of the Project Controls Lead —Overland Transmission, the Planner -will perform a supporting role to assist in the fulfilment of overall cost and schedule delivery targets and objectives for the Lower Churchill Project.
- In fulfilling this mandate, the incumbent is expected to work closely with the Overland Transmission Project Delivery Team to implement schedule management processes, and planning systems in order to fulfill project requirements.
DIRECTION RECEIVED AND REPORTING RELATIONSHIP:
- Reporting directly to the Project Controls Lead —Overland Transmission, the Planner is expected to interact extensively with the Project Controls Teams (site and home office), Project and Area Managers, Construction and Area Construction Managers, Package Engineers, Contract Administrators, Site Manager and Contractors.
- The Planner will be expected to work in a team environment as well as independently.
PURPOSE AND SUMMARY OF SCOPE:
- As a key member of the Project Delivery Team, the Planner —Overland Transmission is a key support resource to the Project Controls Lead —Overland Transmission in providing project controls services to the Overland Transmission Project Delivery Team.
- The incumbent will work extensively with the Project Controls Lead —Overland Transmission, Area Managers, Site Managers and the Overland Transmission Contractors to ensure that accurate schedule and progress information is provided on a timely basis.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following is being executed as a contract scope of work.
- The duties and job functions of the Planner shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Review and analysis of the contractor submitted monthly forecast schedules and monthly reports.
- Production of internal reports on contractor's forecast schedule and progress.
- Maintain the overall Overland Transmission schedule, incorporating al l updates from contractors.
- Review monthly deviations and float analysis with Project Controls Lead —Overland Transmission and Area Managers.
- Supervise and be responsible for the development and accuracy of schedule reports to verify consistency with previous reports to ensure compatibility and integrity as based on the agreed to schedule procedure.
- Work with the Project Controls Lead —Overland Transmission and Area Managers to develop mitigation plans for any schedule risks and/or delays.
- Define project needs for schedule development, maintenance and monitoring in accordance with company procedures and client contract requirements.
- Coordinate and provide updates to the Integrated Project Schedule (IPS) Monthly.
- Interface with Lead Project Planner with regard to commissioning and start-up planning.
- Perform schedule analysis and identify the Critical path &Activities; highlight the same to the Project Manager & Project Team.
- Review impact of schedule change submittals (CR's, DAN's, PCN's).
- Perform what-if analysis as requested.
- Monitor project activities, progress and quantities against contract scope of work.
- Production of risk analysis data as required
University degree or College diploma in engineering or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
- Ten (10) years Planning experience on large engineering and construction projects with a focus on heavy civil and Electrical Hydro transmission projects. Site experience is considered an asset.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a diverse work team.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of MS Excel and MS Access.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English).
- Experience working with (or for) large national and international construction contractors considered an asset.
- Experience in working as part of diverse work teams.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use Primavera P6.
- Experience with multiple forms of contracting including EPC, and compensation terms including unit rate, lump sum and reimbursable.
- Supervise the competent performance of schedule development, maintenance, monitoring and analysis activities and timely issue of reports
- Prepare, coordinate and supervise scheduling presentations to management as required.
- Variance analysis reporting, forecasting and development of schedule modelling what-if scenarios based on crew productivity install rates.
JOB REQUIREMENTS, WORKING CONDITIONS, ETC.:
- Safety oriented.
- Be an active member in a highly dynamic team environment that has tight deadlines, high pressure and visibility, requiring accuracy, initiative and ability to multi-task
- Possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and communicate with team members.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to plan work well, and to be well-organized.
- Demonstrate a willingness to adhere to Nalcor's vision and values.
- Solution oriented.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative and supportive manner with stakeholders.
- Willingness to make frequent site visits throughout the province.
Residents of Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration for this role.
Qualified candidates can apply for this role by either clicking on the Apply Now button below or forwarding their resume to email@example.com, quoting the job title in the subject field.