March 9, 2017
Upstream Solutions Inc. is currently seeking qualified candidates for the positions of 2 Project Engineers located in St. John's with frequent travel to site locations along the transmission line.
DIRECTION EXERCISED AND AUTHORITY:
- As required the successful candidate will interface and coordinate activities with the Home Office Follow-on Engineering and Completions Team, field construction team field Quality Assurance and field contractors. The candidate will be responsible and accountable in a team atmosphere for special projects as assigned as well as completions activities for Overland Transmission Lines.
DIRECTION RECEIVED AND REPORTING RELATIONSHIP:
- Reporting to the. Engineering and Completions Manager -OTL, the Project Engineer should be capable of functioning with a limited level of supervision. This position will interface with, and provide support to other construction and engineering groups including Construction Management, Home Office Follow-on Engineering, Project Controls, Quality Assurance and Surveying as required.
PURPOSE AND SUMMARY OF SCOPE:
The Project Engineer will work closely with the Home Office Follow-on Engineering Team, Completions Team, Construction Management and Contractors to contribute to and coordinate design information in support of the project.
- Ensuring overall Completions requirements as requested are completed in a timely manner;
- Ensuring field changes respect the technical specification, and that all modifications outside the technical specification are appropriately signed off by the Home Office Follow-on Engineering and Completions Teem.
- Ensuring overall special project requirements as requested are completed in a timely manner;
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following is being executed as a contract scope of work.
The duties and job functions of the Junior Field Engineer shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Acts as a dedicated resource for Overland Transrrmission Completions Walk-downs. Following the completions process and using completions tools to generate proper remediation and completion work in a timely manner as set out by the Walk down schedule and plan.
- Assists on special construction projects.(AC-Rebuilds, Electrode Line, etc.) were needed;
- Assists in overall completions handover and turnover process to Operation team as required;
- Assists in overall Engineering Completions and As-Built effort liaising with Engineering Team and Package Engineers as required;
- Liaise with the Home Office Follow-on Engineering Team to resolve field technical issues including interpreting drawings and specifications;
- Study drawings and specifications issued to the field and reports to Home Office Follow-on Engineering team any ambiguities, interferences or errors found on drawings, specifications and assigned work;
- Assists in monitoring and management of site Information Management;
- Reviews and assesses contractors field Materials Testing;
- Participates in review of contractors Quality Control program;
- Assists QA in review of contractors material certification;
- Assists Home Office Follow-on Engineering Team in preparation and conveyance of Engineering Change Notices;
- Participates in review of Contractor's submittals;
- Provides technical support to construction activities at the worksite, while expediting design changes for timely response to site queries;
- Advises Area Construction Manager on the interpretation of drawings and specifications and advises on additional details or clarifications required from project design;
- Assists Area Construction Manager in the review of proposed field changes and substitutions ;
- Obtains and supplies field representatives and QA/QC inspectors with applicable codes, manufacturer's instructions, vendor drawings and installation procedures required for field work;
- Works with team of Field Engineers in problem recognition and resolution;
- Performs any other duties-that may be requested by Managers;
Bachelor's Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering, Registration in Province of Newfoundland and Labrador; 5 years of experience in a similar role is preferred.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of Overland Transmission engineering theory, principles and practices as they relate to structure design;
- Knowledge of the construction materials standards and approved testing methodologies established by the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) and other standards organizations;.
- Experience in engineering projects development and techniques;
- Working knowledge of Quality Control and Quality Assurance procedures;
- Ability to read and interpret structural concrete and structural steel drawings;
- Understanding of design practices for temporary supports, formwork and other such structures,
- Experience with-reviews of structural drawings identifying problems and resolutions;
- Demonstrated ability to verbally and graphically convey problem resolution to engineering and construction parties;
- Knowledge of analysis and design of reinforced concrete structures;
- Knowledge of analysis and design of Steel structures.
- Knowledge of Completions Process and it's importance to project turnover.
JOB REQUIREMENTS, WORKING CONDITIONS, ETC.:
- Knowledge of civil engineering principles, standards and regulations relating to construction, inspection and safety standards;
- Must have strong technical and communication skills to effectively interact with Contractor and Owner teams;
- Must be a team player but maintain the ability to work independently;
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel is preferred;
- Must be willing to work shifts in a highly remote area;
- Must be willing to live in remote Contractor's camps;.
- Must be able to spend prolong time infield conditions, which include adverse weather conditions and rough terrain;
- Valid Driving License for driving Site Vehicles including Pick Ups, Snow Mobiles and Quads;
- Should be able to travel by Airplane /Helicopter;
- Travel to various overland transmission line sites is required and shall be frequent for this position
Residents of Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration for this role.
Qualified candidates can apply for this role by either clicking on the Apply Now button below or forwarding their resume to email@example.com, quoting the job title in the subject field.