Various remote locations in NL along transmission routes
December 30, 2016
Upstream Solutions Inc. is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Quality Advisor / Inspector Transmission Lines (Civil, Steel Towers & Stringing).
DIRECTION EXERCISED AND AUTHORITY:
This position has no direct reports, however the incumbent is responsible for Quality oversight, monitoring, surveillance and inspection of all construction activities.
DIRECTION RECEIVED AND REPORTING RELATIONSHIP:
Reporting to the Site Quality Coordinator - Transmission Lines, direction and guidance will be provided, however the incumbent should be capable of functioning with a limited level of supervision.
PURPOSE AND SUMMARY OF SCOPE:
The incumbent will work closely with the Site Construction Management Team to: Implement and participate in Quality oversight, monitoring, surveillance and inspection programs for Transmission Lines of the Lower Churchill Project for construction and installation activities; ensure Contractors and Suppliers' Quality programs are implemented and effective; and to verify and assure satisfactory quality performance of the work by Contractors and Supplier's at site through their inspection and test plans.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following is being executed as a contract scope of work:
- Implement all applicable Quality oversight, monitoring, surveillance and inspection plans, procedures and checklists for inspecting and reporting of the work activities;
- Perform Quality oversight, monitoring, surveillance and inspection of the work which includes: Overhead Transmission to ensure contractors' and suppliers' quality programs are fully implemented and effective through review and acceptance of contractors' quality documentation (including inspection and test plans, procedures, quality records, final documentation, etc.);
- Ensure full compliance with the regulatory requirements, technical specifications, drawings and any special supplier installation procedures as defined in contractors and suppliers' inspection and test plans;
- Provide daily inspection reports and maintain quality control files of all on-going construction work;
- Implement the quality audit and surveillance plan and issue reports such as corrective actions, non-conformance's, and observations;
- Work with Contractors and Suppliers to ensure clarity in understanding project and technical requirements;
- Interface daily with site engineering team to ensure compliance to all technical specifications and drawings for selected scopes;
- Review documentation received from contractor (material specification, method statements, Inspection and Test Plans, drawings, test results, other technical documentation, etc.) for implementation and compliance;
- Attend construction meetings as required;
- Ensure turnover documentation is complete;
- Work with contractors and suppliers to ensure all audit findings, NCR, etc. are closed; and
- Broad oversight of safety and environment.
- Completion of a Civil Engineering Technology program is preferred.
- Minimum post-secondary graduation from a recognized technical program or a related discipline, supplemented by experience in construction Quality oversight, monitoring, surveillance and inspection activities for large civil projects or transmission line.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
- Minimum 3-5 years of field experience in performing Quality oversight, monitoring, surveillance and inspection activities on large construction projects (in the areas of Civil, Steel Towers and wire);
- Experience with implementing quality programs for large capital projects, with a good exposure to civil works;
- Experience working with contractors on large civil projects;
- Experience with construction of Overhead Transmission Lines in any of the following areas: foundations, steel towers, and/or stringing;
- Experience in execution of inspection and test plans;
- Experience with auditing construction Quality programs;
- Experience working in a team environment;
- Working knowledge of incident investigation / root cause analysis;
- Good knowledge of civil engineering principles and electrical engineering procedures or construction management, standards and regulations relating to construction, inspection and safety standards;
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills required to effectively interact with a variety of industry personnel;
- Must be a team player but maintain the ability to work independently; and
- Safety and environmentally oriented.
JOB REQUIREMENTS, WORKING CONDITIONS, ETC.:
- Strong knowledge of Quality Management principles and ISO 9001 standard is preferred;
- Demonstrated commitment to Quality Assurance issues;
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Possible tower climbing requirement for steel and stringing inspectors, as needed;
- Incumbent must be willing to work from remote work sites as required by the Site Quality Coordinator;
- Must possess a valid driver's license and be eligible to drive in Newfoundland, Labrador and Canada;
- Travel by airplane, helicopter, snowmobile, or boat may be required; and
- Incumbent may be required to operate an all-terrain vehicle, snowmobile or class 5 vehicles.
Qualified candidates can apply for this role by either clicking on the Apply Now button below or forwarding their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job title in the subject field.