March 16, 2017
Upstream Solutions Inc. is currently seeking qualified candidates for the positions of Quantity Coordinator located at the Muskrat Falls Site.
DIRECTION EXERCISED AND AUTHORITY:
- Under the authority of the MFG Project Controls Lead, the Quantity Coordinator will provide a supporting role to assist in the fulfillment of Nalcor's overall cost and schedule delivery targets and objectives.
- In fulfilling this mandate, the Quantity Coordinator is expected to work closely with the Project Controls Lead, and liaise closely with the execution teams and functional managers to implement cost management processes and fulfillment of requirements.
- The Quantity Coordinator will not have any direct reports.
DIRECTION RECEIVED AND REPORTING RELATIONSHIP:
- Reporting directly to the MFG Project Controls Lead ,the Quantity Coordinator is expected to interact extensively with the Project Controls Team (site and home office), Project and Area Managers, Construction and Area Construction Managers, Site Manager, Contract Administrators and Contractors.
- The Quantity Coordinator will be expected to work in a team environment as well as independently with direction from the Project Controls Lead.
PURPOSE AND SUMMARY OF SCOPE:
- As a member of the Project Delivery Team, the Quantity Coordinator is a support resource to the Project Controls Lead in providing support and providing project controls services to ensure Nalcor's cost and schedule management targets and objectives are fulfilled.
- The Quantity Coordinator will support the Project Controls Lead in execution of established processes and systems to ensure that accurate progress and cost information is provided on a timely basis.
- The Quantity Coordinator will be responsible to support the Project Controls Lead with functions related to the Construction of the Muskrat Falls Generation Facility, the general scope of which includes: the Powerhouse and Intake, Transition Dams, North and South Dams.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties and job functions of the Quantity Coordinator shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Track and verify the progress of all work on the Muskrat Falls Site, in particular work performed on a unit price basis.
- Maintain up to date progress files and quantity databases for al l construction commitment packages.
- Review and perform quantity take-offs from IFC drawings to confirm quantities provided by Contractors.
- Perform quantity take-offs for Change Requests and Change Orders.
- Perform weekly measure, analysis and verification of actual field progress by the Contractor.
- Resolve variations in measured quantity information with the Contractor.
- Review, verification and recommendation of approval of Contractor's payment certificates.
- Coordinate with other departments (including survey service providers) to quantify work that must be field measured or surveyed.
- Maintain records for all field measured quantities.
- Provide input and assist in the preparation of weekly and monthly site progress reports.
- Other duties as assigned by the Project Controls Lead.
Technical diploma, University degree in engineering or quantity surveying (Civil) with designation as a Professional Quantity Surveying Coordinator (PQS), or equivalent combination of education and experience.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
- Demonstrated experience on large engineering and construction projects with a focus on heavy civil and industrial projects with a quantity surveying or cost control background. Site experience is an asset.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a diverse work team.
- Advanced proficiency in the use of MS Excel.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Word and MS Powerpoint. Proficiency in MS Access would bean asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English).
- Exposure to commercial requirements an asset.
- Experience working with (or for) large national or international construction contractors.
- Experience with multiple contracting models and compensation terms including unit rate, lump sum and reimbursable.
- Adaptability to perform in demanding work environments.
- Ability to analyse and interpret complex data.
- Quality focused with acute attention to detail.
- Strong customer service orientation.
JOB REQUIREMENTS, WORKING CONDITIONS, ETC.:
- Safety oriented.
- Be an active member in a highly dynamic team environment that has tight deadlines, high pressure and visibility, requiring accuracy, initiative and ability to multi-task.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and communicate with team members.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to plan work well, and to be well organized.
- Demonstrate a willingness to adhere to Nalcor's vision and values.
- Solution oriented.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative and supportive manner with stakeholders.
- Ability to work at Muskrat Falls site.
Residents of Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration for this role.
Qualified candidates can apply for this role by either clicking on the Apply Now button below or forwarding their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job title in the subject field.