March 16, 2017
Upstream Solutions Inc. is currently seeking qualified candidates for the positions of Reporting Coordinator located in St. John's.
DIRECTION EXERCISED AND AUTHORITY:
- Under the authority of Project Controls Lead —MFG, the Reporting Coordinator will identify scope and timing of inputs required to prepare and issue all MFG reports.
- The incumbent will have a level of authority required to ensure high quality inputs are provided by any MFG project team member on a timely basis.
- In fulfilling this mandate, the incumbent is expected to liaise extensively with the Area Managers, Package Engineers, Functional Managers and the Construction Management Team to ensure all reporting processes and requirements are strictly adhered to.
DIRECTION RECEIVED AND REPORTING RELATIONSHIP:
- Duties are performed under the direction and supervision of the Project Controls Lead -MFG.
- Once orientated, the incumbent should be capable of performing day-to-day functions with minimal supervision and direction.
PURPOSE AND SUMMARY OF SCOPE:
- The Reporting Coordinator will support the Project Controls Lead -MFG by developing and maintaining reporting processes and templates, coordinating collection of all required inputs, KPI's, milestones, preparation and distribution for all reports and presentations, as necessary, to satisfy the following:
- Reports receive the requisite level of review and approval prior to release.
- All information is consistent, clear, current and presented to a high quality standard.
- Reports are distributed in a timely manner following approved document distribution matrices.
- Be able to respond to ad hoc reporting requests in a timely manner.
- Coordinate follow-up requests for clarification.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties and job functions of the Reporting Coordinator shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work with the Project Controls Lead -MFG and the MFG Project Delivery Team to develop and implement project reports required to meet requirements. Reports will include key project metrics, monthly report inputs for progress and schedule, as well as presentations as required.
- Define the processes required to produce project reports to meet scope, quality and review requirements, and submission deadlines.
- Identify approved sources of information and establish input requirements.
- Expedite inputs as required.
- Use MS Office tools and/or other Project software/tools to produce high quality presentations and reports.
- Ensure that project reports are distributed to intended recipients.
- Develop reports distribution matrices.
- Update Project Intranet "The Current".
- Provide overall Project Controls support to the Project Controls Team.
University degree or technical diploma in engineering or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
- Minimum of 3-5 years in similar positions for the implementation of capital projects.
- Good understanding of Project Management methodologies and Project Controls.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, Word and Excel.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Visio.
- Good communication and ability to produce and present reports to key project stakeholders.
- Highly motivated and able to manage work under pressure.
- Very good ability to work independently when required.
- Good abilities to read, understand, interpret and write reports and documentation.
- Problem solving, flexibility, innovation, goal focus.
JOB REQUIREMENTS, WORKING CONDITIONS, ETC.:
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex data.
- Quality focused with acute attention to detail.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and research skills.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work with others in a collaborative team/work group environments.
- Able to seek end user input, analyze and incorporate into database design and functionality.
- Has a continual improvement mindset.
- Proactively approaches and develops innovative solutions to problems.
Residents of Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration for this role.
Qualified candidates can apply for this role by either clicking on the Apply Now button below or forwarding their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job title in the subject field.