March 1, 2017
Upstream Solutions Inc. is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Senior Cost Controller located in St. John's.
DIRECTION EXERCISED AND AUTHORITY:
- The Senior Cost Controller will provide a supporting role to assist in the fulfillment of the LCP Project's and its Subprojects' (Components) cost management activities.
- In fulfilling this mandate, the Senior Cost Controller is expected to liaise closely with the execution teams and functional Managers to implement cost management processes and fulfillment of requirements.
- The Senior Cost Controller will have no direct reports.
DIRECTION RECEIVED AND REPORTING RELATIONSHIP:
- Reporting directly to the Project Controls Lead —Overland Transmission, the Senior Cost Controller is expected to interact extensively with the Project Controls Teams (site and home office), Project and Area Managers, Construction and Area Construction Managers, Package Engineers, Contract Administrators, Site Manager and Contractors.
- The Cost Controller will be expected to work in a team environment as well as independently.
PURPOSE AND SUMMARY OF SCOPE:
- As a member of the Project Controls Team, the Senior Cost Controller is a support resource to the Project Controls Lead - Overland Transmission and the Project Controls Manager in providing cost management services to ensure Project cost management targets and objectives are fulfilled.
- The Senior Cost Controller will support the Project Controls Lead —Overland Transmission (or designate) and the Project Controls Manager in the execution of established processes and systems to ensure that accurate cost control information is managed in a timely manner.
- The Senior Cost Controller will perform cost management functions related to Overland Transmission of the LCP Project in various roles and capacities as directed.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties and job functions of the Senior Cost Controller shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform all cost control functions for Overland Transmission (reporting, cost analysis, incurred, cost flow, forecasting and change management).
- Develops, manages and reports on Overland Transmission costs.
- Performs detailed analysis to estimate trends and forecast final cost.
- Performs analysis and initiates trends for al l potential cost variations or risks.
- Reviews and approves all requisitions to ensure requisition's scope is validated against approved budget, to provide appropriate coding, and general accuracy.
- Reviews Change Requests, Change Orders and potential changes as applicable and recommends appropriate actions.
- Reviews and performs analysis on the DANs, PCNs of the Change Management process related to the Overland Transmission Costs.
- Reviews Commitment Package reports (weekly, monthly, ad-hoc, etc.).
- Ensures system data and integrity maintained and up to date.
University degree in business administration or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
- Ten (10) years' experience in cost management on large engineering /construction projects with a focus on heavy civil and industrial projects. Site experience an asset. Additional years in other disciplines on large construction projects considered an asset.
- Knowledge of Cost Management best practices (AACEI, PMI, etc.).
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a diverse work team.
- Experience in the use and application of cost management systems. Experience in PM+ or Prism is an asset.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of MS Excel and MS Access.
- Commercially astute individual with a strong background in cost analysis.
- Experience in claims management and productivity analysis is an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English).
- Experience working with (or for) large national and international construction contractors considered an asset.
- Experience with multiple contracting models and compensation terms including unit rate, lump sum and reimbursable.
JOB REQUIREMENTS, WORKING CONDITIONS, ETC.:
- Safety oriented.
- Be an active member in a highly dynamic team environment that has tight deadlines, high pressure and visibility, requiring accuracy, initiative and ability to multi-task
- Possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and communicate with team members.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to plan work well, and to be well-organized.
- Demonstrate a willingness to adhere to Nalcor's vision and values.
- Solution oriented.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative and supportive manner with stakeholders.
Qualified candidates can apply for this role by either clicking on the Apply Now button below or forwarding their resume to email@example.com, quoting the job title in the subject field.